The Stronger Revolution – part 1

Earlier this year I began writing “journal posts” that revealed my deepest, darkest, most rebellious innermost ideals and convictions.

You showed me though your positive comments and personal notes that you held many of the same “strong sentiments” that I expounded upon close to your heart as well.

After tearing my biceps in March, I continued to write these posts weekly until June, then I slowed down due to the increased amount of athletes I train at Strength Camp during the summer.

The writing of these journal posts, along with your positive reinforcement, gave me the courage to assemble The Manifesto Of Strength, followed by the creation of “The Tribe Of Strength & Wisdom” monthly newsletter, where I reveal even more controversial and thought provoking ideas along with insights for becoming The Strongest Version Of You! (the Tribe currently has over 100 members who will become the foundation for a “practitioner’s” workshop that I’ll be opening next fall).

Well, after a break from writing… I’m back!

I have learned a lot since spring and have reinforced my passion for Strength & Wisdom, as well as my missions in life, that I’d like to share and challenge you with.  Many of these ideas are “revolutionary” in that they spit in the face of conventional thought and wisdom.

Many of the insights contained in this new series, titled The Stronger Revolution, will contain rebellious rants on my convictions about religion, politics, family, health, strength, personal development and manliness.

If you are offended by the things I say… good!  It means that you actually THINK.

Like I’ve said in the past; I offer far more respect to the man who stands firm in his convictions, even though they may be diametrically opposed to mine, than the mental sloth who mindlessly adopts whatever the popular thought at the time may be.

As a believer in God I have far more respect for the thinking atheist than the so-called Christian who has simply adopted the faith of his father.

A man thinks, a child accepts.

I find nothing as revolting as mental slavery and the love of ease.

Give me NOTHING!  I shall only TAKE what is mine.

As I navigate the open market and art galleries of ideas, searching for only that which speaks to my heart, while ignoring the aggressive peddlers of corporate, political and religious agenda-ladened mind viruses…

I have stopped at several interesting tables manned by vendors who’s offering piqued my interest and they have gained what little time and attention I have for study and enrichment.

The following is a list of books, websites and resources that have all played a part in the molding of my current mental condition.

This list is not written in a stone tablet, but is simply an inventory of what I have recently TAKEN to be mine, thus consciously allowing it to dab its color on the canvas of my character.

Alex Jones –, Alex Jones YouTube Channel

Rob Bell –, “Jesus Whats To Save Christians”, NOOMA

Paul Chek – PPS Success Mastery, Paul Chek’s Blog

Art Of Manliness – Art Of Manliness Blog

The Declaration Of Independence – Read The Declaration Of Independence

Zack Brown Band & Alan Jackson – As She’s Walking Away

Brain Tracy – The Luck Factor (these CDs changed my life)

Thomas Jefferson – Jefferson Quotes, Autobiography

Martin Luther King Jr. – The Autobiography Of Martin Luther King Jr.

Chin Ning Chu – Thick Face, Black Heart (one of the best personal development books I’ve ever read)

OSHO –, Osho’s Youtube Channel, Awareness (I’ve read this several times)

Brad Pilon – Eat, Stop, Eat (I’ve have been fasting every spring for spiritual means for 7 years, now I do it weekly.  Great for fat loss also!)

Zen Family Habits – Zen Family Habits Blog

Ron Paul –, Ron Paul Youtube Channel

Eric Hoffer – True Believer

Nick Nilsson – Metabolic Surge (I used this over the summer to lose over 20 pounds of fat)

Rusty Moore – Visual Impact (I’m following a program similar to this now… heavy lifts w/ lots of sprints)

Vishen Lakhiani –, Awesomeness Fest (Colleen and I are going to this next month)

The things you read, watch and the people you surround yourself with ARE SHAPING YOU RIGHT NOW!!

What are you TAKING to shape you?

8 thoughts on “The Stronger Revolution – part 1”

1. ken says:

I am excited that you are putting stuff out there like this. I have been very inspired and motivated by you and your rants. I am a Christian and get really frustrated and have rebelled against religion all my adolescence and adulthood due to the high level of hypocrisy of most of those involved. No one is perfect, but I believe that our true spirituality is displayed in the way we interact with the world around us regardless of our religious affiliations. Some of the most “religious” people I have met perform some of the most deplorable acts to the world around them. (I work in a psychiatric hospital). I am going on my own rant, bottom line, I can’t wait!

2. Elliott says:

Thanks Ken… I wrote a section titled “Rebellious Religion” in this months Strength & Wisdom Journal echoing the same sentiment.

Thanks for contributing!

3. James Pace says:

I have always been a subscriber to the Greek idea of Arete. Arete means development to excellence of ALL aspects of a man (human). The responsibility this puts on the individual is enormous. You are directly responsible for the condition of your life. If you have happiness and inner peace, then you must be living right. If your life is misery incarnate, you may be doing something wrong. But no one is going to fix it for you. Everyone will have an opinion on how it should be done, but ultimately it’s you who has to decide the course of action to take and then be enough of a man to take it. Teachings of Gnosticism and Zoroastrianism (Mazdayasni) have reinforced and deepened my understanding of personal responsibility. Don’t know if any of this helps, but it’s all I got…

4. ken says:

I agree. I think the largest roadblock in working with today’s youth is the lack of the concept of accountability. The biggest step any individual can take is taking full responsibility of their actions and thoughts. Integrity is when those actions and thoughts are in accordance with who you profess to be and what you profess to believe.

5. Mario Platt says:

Hi Elliot,

I’m really happy you’ve, once again, starting writing us with your rants. Typically, they really inspire me and I can only thank you for that.
    I’ve been training really hard also, trying to gain 10 pounds of muscle before I start going serious on fat loss again. I have to be in top shape by April, and have it all planned until there. Other projects will rise in April, and I’m a man with a plan. Anything that can help me feel inspired to work and in becoming a better man, is greatly appreciated :)

Best regards and keep up the good work.
    Mario Platt

6. Isaac says:

Great to see you writing again, man. Your stuff is always inspiring and thought-provoking.

I firmly believe that God helps those who help themselves. Regardless of any one particular religion, I don’t feel that God is here to just hand us what we want or whine for. Instead God is perfectly willing and happy to give us a little hand, if we’re out there moving and shaking to make things happen.

And in return for that help, it is our responsibility to both further ourselves as well as contribute value to the world. We’ve been given the gift of free choice and ability. It would be abhorrent for us to waste that gift. What you’re doing with your stronger man project is giving back through your own success. As you succeed, so will you help others, and vice-versa.

7. James Pace says:

AS much as I hate to disagree with you, I must. I do not believe that God helps, rewards, or punishes. Instead, in his infinite wisdom, he arranged the principles of creation that you will never be rewarded or punished for anything. You earn exactly what you earn. How beautiful is that? Anything you want, you earn it. Whatever you don’t want in your life, you earned that too through ill informed decisions. How wonderful that God teaches us the ultimate self-reliance and personal responsibility by making us work for what we want and learn to not create what we don’t want. All he had to do was set up the operating principles so that every thought, word, and action has a direct consequence in our lives. If it hurts when you do that, don’t do that. If you want different, do something different. If you want to be successful, do what is necessary to be successful. I promise I didn’t intend to engage in Theological debate…..

8. Ed Seward says:

LMAO, some good critical thinking, I love it. Yes disagreement aka. diversity makes the world go round as long as it doesn’t become fanatical.

Elliott, I am glad you are writing, you have a great many values that are more then worth expressing, but you know by now I am a student of metaphysics and consciousness, and yes the physical must be attended to as well. Reality follows attention, whatever you focus on will remain in the forefront and a be a major theme in your life.That same focus can narrow our view of life and can potentially exclude a great number of experiences.

I would offer you a few links and books that I have found transforming and have furthered my understanding of life . be sure to read in the archives
    Power vs. Force, by David R Hawkins
    The Path, by Cozzolino
    Handbook for Perfect Beings, by BJ Wall

Just remember on your journey of life, take small steps and enjoy the view.